Turtle VetCare Package
Manage all of your pet’s essential needs at a discount with our Turtle VetCare Package. Whether you're a new owner bringing in a baby turtle, or you're an experienced owner with an adult turtle, our package can maximize their health and quality of life.
- Our VetCare Packages are for healthy pets only
- Because the VetCare Packages are already discounted, they cannot be purchased with CareCredit or Scratchpay, and no coupons or other discounts can be applied
This Package Includes
- Comprehensive Health CheckupTurtles and tortoises conceal pain and illness well. To make sure your pet is in good health, our package includes a full health checkup by one of our vets.
- Intestinal Parasite ScreenOur package also covers parasite screens for roundworms, tapeworms, pinworms, giardia, and coccidia, which can be harmful to your pet’s health.
- Complete Blood Count (CBC)The CBC test uses a small drop of blood to screen your turtle or tortoise for issues such as infection, inflammation, and/or anemia.
- Blood Chemistry Panel and Bile Acids The Blood Chemistry Panel tests for mineral and electrolyte abnormalities and internal organ diseases. Bile Acids tests the functionality of the liver.
- To ensure the safety and comfort of your turtle or tortoise during treatment, we might need to sedate them. This will incur an additional fee. Larger tortoises will also incur an additional fee.
- Package Add-Ons:Zoomed UV bulb and fixture: Turtles and tortoises need ultraviolet (UVB) light to help them metabolize properly, and to prevent a deficiency in calcium. Standard $75
- $280 With our Turtle VetCare Package, you receive $335 worth of care for only $280.
- How do I sign up for a VetCare Package? Purchase online, then make reservation online
Signs of Emergencies in Turtles and Tortoises
Please call our clinic right away at (843) 216-8387 if your turtle or tortoise exhibits any of the following symptoms:
- Keeping eyes closed
- Open-mouthed breathing
- A prolonged lack of appetite
- Frantic movements
- Blood in droppings
- Prolonged straining to pass stool/egg
It is essential that you keep your turtle or tortoise warm before you bring them in to see us for treatment. We need to see your pet as soon as possible if they are having any problems.
What to Expect with Your Turtle or Tortoise’s Wellness Visits
Transporting Your Turtle or Tortoise to Our Clinic
Info needed from client
Common Diseases/Conditions in Turtles and Tortoises
The most common diseases and conditions seen in turtles and tortoises include:
- Ear infections
- Metabolic issues
If your turtle or tortoise is not eating normally or is showing other signs of a health problem, please call us at (843) 216-8387.