Guinea Pig VetCare Package
To lower the cost of your guinea pig’s care and ensure all their needs are covered, we offer the Guinea Pig VetCare Package.
- Our VetCare Packages are for healthy pets only
- Because our VetCare Packages are already discounted, they cannot be purchased with CareCredit or Scratchpay, and no coupons or other discounts can be applied
This Package Includes
- Comprehensive Health and Dental Checkup Guinea pigs don’t like to show signs that they’re ill, so it’s important that we see them for a full exam on a regular basis.
- Intestinal Parasite Screen Your vet will perform a combined test to screen your guinea pig for roundworms, tapeworms, coccidia, and giardia.
- Spay/NeuterSpaying or neutering is an important preventative measure that can protect your guinea pig from reproductive tumors, cancers, and cysts, and reduce undesirable behaviors.
- Nail Trim Long nails can cause problems for guinea pigs and their owners, so a nail trim is essential for everyone’s comfort and safety.
- Vitamin C Liquid Supplement We offer a tasty liquid vitamin C supplement that your guinea pig needs daily to protect them from scurvy.
- Oxbow Critical Care and Feeding Syringe A lack of appetite can be life-threatening for your guinea pig. Our VetCare Package provides your pet with a hand-feeding formula and syringe for emergency use.
- Females: $610 With our Guinea Pig VetCare Package, you receive $719 worth of care for only $610.
- Males: $460With our Guinea Pig VetCare Package, you receive $539 worth of care for only $460.
- How do I sign up for a VetCare Package? Purchase online, then make reservation online
Wellness Services We Provide for Guinea Pigs
Here’s what we recommend for your guinea pig to help them live a long and healthy life:
- Post-purchase exam - includes a physical exam, fecal analysis, microchipping, and discussion about spaying/neutering
- 6-month exam - includes a physical exam and fecal analysis
- Annual exam - includes physical exam, fecal analysis, CBC/blood chemistry
- Geriatric exam - includes physical exam, fecal analysis, CBC/blood chemistry, radiographs, and ultrasound
Signs of a Health Emergency
Common Diseases and Conditions in Guinea Pigs
Guinea pigs can experience many different health conditions, with some being life-threatening. These include:
- Scurvy (hypovitaminosis C)
- Respiratory disease
- Reproductive disease
- Ear disease (otitis)
- Urinary disease (bladder stones)
- Dental disease
- Skin diseases such as mites, ringworm, and sarcoptic mange
Guinea Pig Care Sheet
Chinchillas are also welcome as patients to our hospital. We are more than happy to provide a lifetime of care that includes:
- Routine health checkups
- Blood work
- Fecal exams
If you have questions about your chinchilla or need to book now, call (843) 216-8387.