Snake VetCare Package
Our Snake VetCare Package is highly beneficial to new and experienced snake owners alike, and is perfect for snakes of all ages. Our goal is to make it as easy as possible for you to manage your snake’s health care needs, and to help you save on their care as well.
- Our VetCare Packages are for healthy pets only
- Because the VetCare Packages are already discounted, they cannot be purchased with CareCredit or Scratchpay, and no coupons or other discounts can be applied
This Package Includes
- Comprehensive Health Checkup Since snakes are skilled at hiding illness, our Snake VetCare Package includes a full health checkup so we can assess their health and screen for disease.
- Intestinal Parasite Screen Your vet will perform a combined test to check your snake for pests such as pinworms, roundworms, tapeworms, coccidia, and giardia. These parasites can cause serious illness in your pet, so routine screens are important.
- Complete Blood Count (CBC) With a simple blood test, we can check your snake for signs of anemia, inflammation, and infection.
- Arenavirus, Ferlavirus, and Nidovirus Screen We highly recommend screening your pet for these viruses, which cause diseases of the respiratory and central nervous systems.
- Arenavirus: The arenavirus causes a condition called “inclusion body disease.” This disease leads to serious illness in snakes, including bacterial infections, withering and anorexia, and neurological problems.
- Ferlavirus: The ferlavirus can cause respiratory and neurological diseases in a variety of snake species.
- Nidovirus: The nidovirus can also cause severe respiratory illness in snakes, which in some cases can be deadly.
- Package Add-Ons Blood Chemistry Panel:
Standard $160, as Package Add-On $120
Blood Chemistry Panel: Blood chemistries can reveal any issues related to tissue and internal organ dysfunction and help to detect diabetes, kidney disease, liver disease, and other disorders.
- $420 With our Snake VetCare Package, you receive $495 worth of care for only $420.
- How do I sign up for a VetCare Package? Purchase online, then make reservation online
Signs Your Snake is Having an Emergency
The following symptoms indicate a potential emergency, and you should contact us immediately at (843) 216-8387 if you see these in your pet:
- Breathing with mouth open
- Prolonged inappetence
- Making frantic movements
- Blood in droppings
- Straining to pass stool/egg
If you suspect that your snake is dehydrated, immerse them in a small amount of lukewarm water for 15 to 20 minutes twice a day. Be sure that your snake is strong enough to hold their head above the water. Contact us so we can see your pet as soon as possible and provide the appropriate treatment.
What to Expect with Snake Wellness Visits
Common Diseases and Conditions in Snakes
Snakes are most prone to health issues such as:
- Inappetence (lack of appetite),
- Parasites including pinworms, roundworms, tapeworms, and coccidia
- Thermal burns - Thermal burns can be caused by contact with an unprotected heat source in the snake’s enclosure, and may vary in severity. If you notice signs of a burn, you should contact us right away so we can examine and treat your snake.