Chicken VetCare Package
Like all our other VetCare Packages, the Chicken VetCare Package includes all the services and treatments your chicken will need for a healthy and long life. Whether you’re a new owner starting out with a baby chick or caring for a small, mature flock, this package can help you manage and save on your chicken’s care.
- Our VetCare Packages are for healthy pets only
- Because the VetCare Packages are already discounted, they cannot be purchased with CareCredit or Scratchpay, and no coupons or other discounts can be applied
This Package Includes
- Comprehensive Health Checkup The Chicken VetCare package includes a full health checkup by one of our vets. These checkups help us look for underlying issues that may not be outwardly noticeable to you.
- Intestinal Parasite Screen The package also includes parasite screens, which we use to check for pinworms, tapeworms, roundworms, coccidia, and giardia, which can put your chicken’s health at risk.
- Crop Analysis This involves carefully swabbing the crop and checking under the microscope for giardia, trichomonas, and spirochetes.
- Feather Analysis With the help of a microscope, we can check your chicken’s plumage for signs of lice and feather mites.
- CBC (Complete Blood Count) With a small blood sample from your chicken, we can screen them for signs of infection, inflammation, and anemia.
- Chlamydia Species Screen We also recommend chlamydia screening to check for several types of bacterial infection (avian chlamydial infection), which can affect chickens and people.
- $380 With our Chicken VetCare Package, you receive $455 worth of care for only $380.
- How do I sign up for a VetCare Package? Purchase online, then make reservation online
Signs of Illness in Poultry and Waterfowl
While poultry and waterfowl tend to hide their illness, there are some physical signs to look for if you suspect a problem. Contact us immediately at (843) 216-8387 if you notice any of the following:
- Loss of feathers
- Loss of appetite
- Twisting of the neck
- Lack of coordination
- Wings and tail appear to droop
- Weight loss
- Feet are warm to the touch
- Abnormal droppings (green, red, watery)